Saturday, September 10, 2005

Thank You

how 'bout getting off thase antibiotics
how 'bout stopping eating when i'm full up
how 'bout them transparent dangling carrots
how 'bout that elusive kudo


thank you India
thank you terror,
thank you disillusionment
thank you frailty
thank you consequence
thank you thank you silence

how 'bout me not blamin you for everything
how 'bout me enjoying the moment for once
how 'bout how good it feels to finally forgive you
how 'bout grieving it all one at a time


thank you India
thank you terror.......

the moment i let go of it was
the moment that i got more than i coluld handle
the moment i jumped off of it was
the moment that i touched down

how 'bout no longer being masochistic
how 'bout remembering your divinity
how 'bout unabashedly bawling your eyes out
how 'bout not equating death with stopping

thank you India
thank you Providence
thank you disillusionment
thank you nothingness
thank you clarity
thank you thank you Silence


Alanis Morisstette

song's been playing inside my head throughout the day .love alanis .love the song

2 comments:

Unknown said...

it seems like one of those songs which get into your head but never get out :S
i had Greenday songs running inside me for a whole month

sv3 said...

i have the same with Linkin Park, Papa Roach and some other bands. Some of the songs are depressing enough to sort of stick in my head. Whenever there's a crisis, or my adrenaline's surging (read: violent physical sport), the songs start playing inside my head. Most of the time.
Its very good when that happens, coz I forget tension, and begin to like whatever I'm doing. That makes it very productive.