Saturday, December 16, 2006

OF REPRESSION AND WHAT NOT...

Wouldn’t it be nice if one day you could walk up to that guy who’s totally oblivious to you and say, “You know what? I really don’t like you at all, and even if I’m currently acting like I do, I will get over it soon. And soon I shall be thinner, with flawless skin and perfect hair, and way hotter than I am now. And then I wont have time of day for you.” No? Too juvenile?

Yeah that’s what I thought too. The only thing that gets me by these days?... That soon there will be a time when I shall move on and obsess about someone else. Yes please don’t judge me. It’s true. I live my life from one, one sided crush to another. What was that again? At 21? Yes at 21? What are you goggling at? Am pretty sure there are other 21-year-old s like me somewhere. Yes, other than on reality TV shows called Can’t Get a Date.

Han so where was I again? Old school crushes. So I found this guy on orkut. The guy who I thought was the one. The one who’d make my knees go weak at 14. The cute guy in ze maths tuitions. And twas so sad. I mean I had obsessed about it forever. How he’d suddenly come across me on one of my good hair days (at 21. not 15. Good hair days didn’t exist until I was 18) (Why is good hair day important? Coz there must be one last toss of silky hair before you walk away) and here he was with a nice artsy looking-out of-window pic and it didn’t bother me. I mean I couldn’t even be bothered to orkut-stalk the guy. (Yes, well except for reading all his scraps the first time. But that’s it. You get it, don’t you? Just once. No psychotic following of conversations from one scrap book to another!!)

Sigh. What was depressing about this bit? It reminded me that am getting old. Even crushes are not the same anymore. Where is ze drama? The magic. The tee-hee school girly giggling?


Or it’s the men probably. Something wrong with all of them. Yep that’s what it is. Or is just the Calcutta variety?

6 comments:

Jitzomnia said...

it is the men in calcutta...geeks evn im confused i think...ok lets not jus think...i ges our lives will literaly start at 40..;)

Anonymous said...

growing old i believe

Unknown said...

Watch VH1...Can't get a date...might work ...Calcutta guys? Oh I'd beg to differ.C'mon aren't you being too harsh?

ru said...

Jitz- yeah exactly!

Dev: sigh , may be that too.

Saptarshi: harsh me?

Anonymous said...

gettin old!!!!so forget crushes....hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

definitely the men in calcutta...no two ways about it ....