Sunday, December 24, 2006

And there I was, looking contentedly out of the window, the winter sun on my arm and face, still warm in the afterglow…and then it hit me. What if? What if it doesn’t turn out according to plan? What if all I’ll ever be, all I’ll have…is this?

The only thing that makes the present tolerable now is the possibility of a future, the possibility that it will all get better, bigger. I console myself saying that this can’t be me, this can’t be it. That somehow I’m probably meant for something better. But what if I’m not?

4 comments:

Jitzomnia said...

nothin is permanent...not the happiness n not evn the sorrows...times do change...if lif says "wait" it gives u sumthin btr...

Unknown said...

Look at the good things that are.Its good to be optimistic and have hope.But in keeping our eyes fixed on the end of the road where it runs straight into a blue heaven we might miss the little wild daisy in bloom by the way...

And then when we reach the bend that was so coveted we might see that the heaven has moved further away...into a blue oblivion.

Wouldnt you miss the daisy then? The wild daisy.That was.And the Blue heaven that never was.Never will be.

ru said...

Jitz: i understand that in a way. thank you.

Saptarshi: i know, that in itself is such an unerving thought. am i missing out on the daisies? or if i stop to look at them wht if i never see the blue horizon? which do you chose.

Unknown said...

Its not about what i would choose.Its about what one should choose...I try to notice.Takes practice you see?