Friday, May 22, 2009

What is it about that sad sad song with its soaring violins and weeping melody, that gets to us so? Why do we persist in making our heartbreak worse with sad songs? Why must I listen to Damien Rice singing “And why'd ya sing Hallelujah/If it means nothing to you/Why'd you sing with me at all” when I already feel like shit? It’s not even as if the words are especially brilliant. It’s not like I enjoy this feeling of wanting to go on long bawling trip, curled up into a ball the windows closed. Especially not when stuck in office with the most inane cover story in the history of all cover stories. I don’t need to make my claustrophobia worse with that melody that chokes me even as it moves. Why do I do this? Why does my already low, friend listen to So Unsexy over and over again? Are we perverse or what?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

probably. I believe- the things called Recreational Devdas Syndrome in professional circles. :)

Supriya Dutta said...

i have been reading ur blog...but this is the time where i could relate to the most...and yes i think we are a bit perverse...and as rightly said by "Eden gardens".

Man without a mission said...

Yes, we are perverse. But how long can we stand it?

Heathcliffs Girl said...

i know am not helping:but try james blunt for the low moods! he is like a fellow weeper.