Thursday, June 12, 2008

I have a look am told. A colleague of mine (who has a wardrobe and dressing sense I could kill for) just asked me to get someone with 'my look' for a makeover story. And as I stared at her blankly she added: "I want someone who looks like you...you know the whole ethno-grunge look." Thankfully she did not see me floating down the stairs all starry eyed and happy, thinking, 'Wow I actually have a look.' Although, now that Ii think of it, a look that calls for a makeover can't be a good thing now, can it?

I still dont how raddi kurtis, ancient Levis, flappy chappals, mad ma-ha-ad hair and giant-panda-esque smudged kohl can can count as a look, but hey 'ethno-grunge' works for me. This is what I love about this industry. Almost anything can be made to sound cool.

Though I hope it isn't quite as bad as Jude Law says in Closer (yes the movie is my new obsession)...

"Dan: At six, we stand round the computer and read the next day's page, make final changes, put in a few euphemisms to amuse ourselves...

Alice: Such as?

Dan: "He was a convivial fellow" - meaning he was an alcoholic. "He valued his privacy" - gay. "He enjoyed his privacy" - raging queen."

Question: What would my euphemism be?

3 comments:

Lara Baggins said...

hahahaha!

Bherry good

bherry ethno-punk! ;D

Bone said...

mb, who thinks she merely has a "look" and has been working at soandsonewspaper for a while, doesn't happen to write too badly.

=D

sista said...

Thankfully she did not see me floating down the stairs all starry eyed and happy, thinking, 'Wow I actually have a look. '

...i like how you write!...you write for yourself and not for any perceived "reader" or to fit a mould/look/euphemism ....

....in the words of Borat: "I like!"